Narcissists entrap their targets in the realm of duality and power; a suffocating dystopia of rigid extremes, where you are either useful or worthless — yet never valued.
You have undertaken the seven practices in ‘How To Kill A Narcissist’ and are on the path to recovery. With a taste for freedom, you now have new questions:
- What causes narcissism?
- How exactly did I get caught up in it?
- And most importantly: How do I complete the healing process and make sure it never happens to me again?
‘Narcissism: Rebirth’ aims to put the issue to bed by:
- Revealing the entire scope of narcissism, from how it plagues the natural development of the Self to its infection of society at large.
- Providing a guide for enlightenment and personal power through the transformation of your Core Self.
We begin by reclaiming the five forces of the Self; a set of archetypal energies that fuel self-actualisation. These are:
- Security: The state of feeling ‘ok’ in an uncertain world.
- Vitality: A flow state which allows you to evolve and grow in inconceivable ways.
- Tenacity: The capacity to thrive under tension, as well as confidently engage in healthy conflict.
- Divinity: A sense of legitimacy in the world, of having the inherent right to express power.
- Wisdom: The ability to go beyond the mind and intuit knowledge through your True Self, drawing on the dizzying resources of the unconscious.
By cultivating these five forces, an unimaginable state of power opens up to you. This profound shift reduces what was once an inevitable storm into a tiny breeze. The psychological cage shatters, and your conscious awareness quickly exposes the pettiness of the narcissistic game.
After reading this book, you will:
- Understand how the narcissistic personality develops and spreads.
- Recognise our tendency to ‘split,’ that is, to worship or vilify others while ignoring their humanity, along with how a narcissist exploits this for their gain.
- Become aware of the archetypes behind the figures in your life and how they can hinder your capacity to experience power.
- Appreciate how narcissism can impact all facets of life; romantic relationships, friendship groups, organisations as well as spiritual movements.
Determining your place in this eco-system is crucial. From there, a modern-day ‘hero journey’ will take you from the world of duality and ego and into the source of personal power — your True Self.
This journey of ‘Self’ development includes eight stages:
- Awakening: Explore how the split leaves you vulnerable to manipulation, and work toward its resolution.
- Orphanhood: Release your abandonment wound and channel the strength of the Orphan archetype during your time in the wilderness.
- Metamorphosis: Use the art of centering to carve through confusion and pave the way to your True Self, setting you up for transformation.
- Reclaiming security: Ground yourself in the unknown and explore the nature of fear, trauma and life energy.
- Reclaiming vitality: Unleash spontaneity and evolution by merging with the flow of life and learning to truly see and connect with your Self and others.
- Reclaiming tenacity: Welcome tension as an agent for growth, and use it to increase your assertiveness and capacity to set boundaries.
- Reclaiming divinity: Cultivate a sense of pride that does not rely on outside validation, while allowing the fullness of your energy to penetrate all facets of your life.
- Reclaiming wisdom: Transform shame into an ally, using it for maturity, enlightenment and insight by deepening your relationship with your unconscious.
Through helping you develop your True Self and master the realm of power, ‘Narcissism: Rebirth’ opens you to a vibrant world which eclipses the despair of the narcissist regime.
Note: This is an all-new, extended edition of the original book ‘Killing Narcissism.’ It has been completely restructured to better explore the concept of ‘Self’ development while maintaining the original core information about the narcissistic family and narcissist regime.